Tuesday 2 June 2015

Lipstick of the Week 💄

Hey guys!
I've been very quiet on the blog front lately so it seems like my last lipstick of the week was really recently... I haven't been feeling that well and my blog has suffered a bit! I have so many ideas, I'm going to get an idea notebook to contain them all! But it's just getting the motivation to write is the problem at the moment. However I am really excited to bring you guys this weeks lipstick!


It is a Mac lippie - yay! And it is a brand new shade called Real Redhead. This launched last Wednesday as part of the Mac is Beauty collection. There are 12 lipsticks in the collection in total, I picked up a few and there will be a full post on that collection coming soon! It is limited edition, but it's brand new to Brown Thomas counters and it's not in a special packaging so these are going to be around for a little while!

So I wandered into Brown Thomas last Thursday, it hadn't been a great day and I needed a pick-me-up. And I got one! The whole Mac shop had been transformed into a pink and girly paradise with Grease songs playing in the background, in honour of the collection. I swatched all of the 12 lipsticks on my hand and then I had to narrow it down. Every shade is beautiful, but a lot of them are quite dupeable. The only lipstick that really spoke to me was this one, Real Redhead.


The colour is so difficult to describe, but it's a warm, coppery/bronze toned lipstick and it is simply beautiful. To a lot of people this might not look like anything special but this colour on the lips is so natural and healthy looking, I can't get enough. I love these kinds of earthy shades on the lips. This lipstick is a lustre finish but it has great colour coverage that really lasts, even when the sheen of the lipstick is gone.


I am on the bus home as I write this but I just took a few cheeky snaps of the lipstick on me! I think it is just so natural and wearable, I will more than likely pick up another one of these before they go out of stock.

Like I said I will be doing a full post on the Mac is Beauty collection very soon so expect to hear more about this guy then! Have any of you guys tried the lipsticks yet? Mac lipsticks are €19.50 and of course available from Brown Thomas in store and online. Treat yourselves!

Thanks for reading guys,
Caoimhe x

No comments:

Post a Comment