Thursday 28 May 2015

Lush Review: Love Lettuce Face Mask

Hey guys! 
So I've decided to start doing a Lush feature on my blog every week now to review and talk about one product. I adore Lush, particularly their skincare products and I am constantly trying out new bits in there so I really want to start sharing that on my blog. I have 7 or 8 products on the go at the minute (seems excessive but they are all very necessary). I thought about grouping them together to talk about so like face masks together, cleansers together - but I feel like individual reviews would help people get to know the product better.

I only discovered Lush in about February. I do have acne prone skin and at that time it was the worst it had been. I used to only get breakouts on my forehead but it had spread so my entire mouth was affected and I looked like a had a beard of spots. Gross, but if you have acne you'll understand! It's really depressing when even the best foundations don't cover your bumpy skin, so I headed to Lush in search of a miracle. I haven't looked back since.


So the first Lush product I want to review and feature is the Love Lettuce face mask. I've used a few of the fresh face masks but this is my most recent one, I've been using it two to three times a week for the past month. Admittedly I didn't buy this myself, my boyfriend got it for me. He went in to get my beloved Angels on Bare Skin cleanser and the sales guy told him this was the face mask equivalent. 

Love Lettuce actually contains no lettuce, it's just green as you can see in the photo. It does contain, however, skin loving ingredients such as almond shells (a natural exfoliant), almond oil (to soften the skin), lavender oil (a soothing disinfectant to fight spots) and Fullers Earth (an ingredient I had not heard of before but is said to tighten pores). The mask smells of lavender and so is very calming. A little goes a long way with this mask, the 75g pot provided me with over 10 uses maybe upto 12 or 15 which is plenty for the whole month. If you're familiar with Lush you will know that all of their products are natural and have an expiry date. The face masks are made with fresh ingredients, must be stored in the fridge and expire within about 4 weeks - so you gotta use them up fast! This is not a problem for me as they are a joy to use.

The mask went on easily and spread evenly on my face. It dried for the 10 minutes I left it on each time but not in the way that a clay mask does - your face is still comfortable and movable. Despite the thick, rough consistency the mask is actually really easy to wash off. On the addition of water it melts away, leaving the almond shells until last so they give your skin a soft but effective exfoliant. The results are apparent immediately, but even more so the following morning. The natural oils in this mask leave your skin so soft and nourished that it naturally glows. The first time I used this mask, I was shocked with my skins appearance the next morning and my family members all commented on how much better it looked. It soothes angry spots to reduce redness, and evens out your overall skin tone.


This fresh face mask is recommended for normal to oily skin types and having oily skin myself, I can affirm that it balanced out my oiliness and left me glowing. I will re-purchase this face mask, I think it is a good one for skin maintenance. There are other things I would use if I had a really bad breakout, but this is a great skin conditioner and perfect for everyday use.

I hope you guys enjoyed this review! What is your favourite Lush face mask? 

Caoimhe x

2 comments: